Sunday, February 3, 2008

Logan's Roadhouse

One of the strongest themes about my website is that I am want small town taverns to survive.

There are several factors that challenge these taprooms but one of the biggest ones is the constant pressure and competition from chain bar/restraurants.

So, I have vowed to not patronize the never-ending stream of these cookie-cutter businesses.

This weekend I was taken to the Logan's Roadhouse in York, PA. The feel is the same as just about every other box - whether that be a Damon's or Friday's or Fuddruckers.

The food was fairly good but quite slow to arrive. I did not order beer (figured I had to spend money there to eat so I might as well not give them my beer money too).

Many people were eating, drinking and talking - seemingly happy in an artificial environment. That just isn't my style.



No comments: